LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Franklin & Marshall softball team had 14 players named 2022 Easton/NFCA All-America Scholar-Athletes, as presented by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). This honor is presented to any member of the team who maintained a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA throughout the 2021-22 academic year.
Coinciding with the individual's academic achievements, Franklin & Marshall posted a 3.527 team GPA. With at least a 3.5 team GPA, the Diplomats are now eligible for NCFA Team Academic Award recognition and will find out in the early fall where that total ranks across all of Division III after the nomination deadline has passed.
This most recent academic highlight showcases continued excellence in the classroom for the team which had 18 players recognized last spring, nine during the 2019 season, and eight following the 2018 campaign. Awards were not distributed during the shortened 2020 season.
The following Diplomats were honored for achieving at least a 3.5 GPA during this past academic year, with their majors listed in parenthesis. Students cannot declare a major until the spring of their sophomore season at Franklin & Marshall so all first-years who received this award are considered pre-majors.
- Jamie Belfer '22: Public Health (Government)
- Kate Clement '25: Pre-Major
- Charlotte Dwyer '25: Pre-Major
- Theresa Galban '24: Animal Behavior & Environmental Science
- Alexa Klepper '25: Pre-Major
- Sami LaRosa '23: Neuroscience
- Jensen Macaulay '23: Environmental Studies & Sociology
- Sam Martin '22: Government & Sociology
- Peightyn Schwartz '23: Business, Organizations, and Society & Government
- Jaden Spigner '25: Pre-Major
- Claire Sullivan '25: Pre-Major
- Francesca Testa '23: Moral Psychology & Sociology
- Devon Witt '23: Joint Studies
- Maddy Yeingst '24: Biology
Established in 1983, the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) is the professional growth organization for fastpitch softball coaches from all competitive levels of play.