Athletic Equipment Policy - Student Athlete Responsibility
General Equipment Policy
- Athletic equipment is property of Franklin and Marshall College and is to be used solely for the purpose of competing in an athletic program. It is not to be used for any purpose other than team games/practices.
- You are responsible for all lost or stolen items.
- Do not alter clothing or protective padding. If this occurs without the approval of the equipment manager, you will be billed automatically.
These items will be issued at the issue window on the date and time as instructed by your coach. You will be required to have passed your physical and cleared by the Athletic Training Room Staff in order to receive equipment. If at anytime during the current season you should leave the team, you are responsible for the return of these items by following the Final Return procedures listed below.
Career Issue Items
Student athletes will receive some career issue as well as seasonal issue items for their sport. The seasonal items will be returned at the end of the season according to the guidelines below. The career issue items will be retained by the student athlete until their graduation from college or upon leaving the team. Senior student athletes will be permitted to keep career issue items. Students who leave the team prior to their senior year are required to return all career items as well seasonal items. The individual athletes will be responsible for these items throughout their sports career. Currently, these items would include practice t-shirt and practice shorts. Some coaches may issue additional items as career issue items as well, but this would be done on a per team basis. Laundry procedures will remain the same. We will launder items in-season and pre-season, but not during the non-traditional season.
- Students who lose the items will need to purchase new items from the equipment room. Additionally, athletes who would like to purchase additional items will be able to buy them from us at our team price.
- For items that are torn or have worn out under normal circumstances, we will replace the item on a trade in basis. If athletes do not have an item to trade in, we will assume it has been lost and the item will need to be purchased.
- If an athlete needs to change sizes, we will issue the item on a trade in basis.
•The seasonal items will be returned at the end of the season.
•These items include uniforms, warm-ups, travel bags, reversibles, etc.
All athletes are responsible for turning in their daily practice clothing as follows:
- Only those items issued by the athletic department as practice clothing should be placed onto your laundry loop and placed in your designated laundry cart immediately following practice.
- NO PERSONAL LAUNDRY. This includes underwear. The only undergarments that will be laundered are the sports bras, jock straps and compression shorts. These need to be of a neutral color- white, black, grey. Items of other colors cannot be washed due to the potential for colors to bleed during the laundry process.
- On rare occasions or under special circumstances, personal items will be laundered. It is at the discretion of the Head Equipment Manager as to what special items will be laundered. If special circumstances warrant a team’s personal equipment needing laundered, athletes will be informed in advance when this will occur. Personal gear that is sport/position specific, but is used as part of competition should be cleared with the equipment manager first. (Ex. Compression shorts, goalie equipment etc.) For all personal items, the equipment room is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- Laundry carts are to be returned to the cart room after practice. This will ensure the security of the equipment. Make sure that a “Dirty Laundry” sheet is placed on top of the cart. When practice gear is completed, the cart will be placed in the cart room.
- Team members will be given a code for the cart room. A member of each team will be responsible for getting the cart for your practice each day.
The issue of game day clothing/equipment shall follow the format listed below, unless otherwise indicated by your coach or the equipment manager.
For your first scheduled contest, you will need to come to the equipment room to pick up your equipment. The equipment room will be open for equipment issue at least one hour prior to the departure time, and 1 1/2 hours prior to home events, unless otherwise indicated.
For most teams, after the initial issue, your uniforms will be placed in the locker room and you will pick them up there at your convenience. Some exceptions to this are the Squash teams, track teams, swim teams, tennis teams and wrestling team. For these teams, your coach will instruct you as to the equipment procedures.
Game Equipment Return
- The equipment room staff keeps records of the items issued to you. All items are numbered and recorded. It is important that you return the same items you were issued. Even if you loan items to another individual, you are the person responsible for their return. Failure to return those items assigned to you will result in your being charged for their replacement.
- All athletes are responsible for turning in their game clothing as follows:
Home Contest: All players are required to place uniforms into the chute located next to the laundry room within 1 hour following the completion of their contest.
Away Contest: All players are required to place uniforms into chute located next to the laundry room after disembarking from your team vehicles upon returning to campus. Players not returning to campus should have their team captain or another teammate return their uniform.
- Any items needed for practice (towels, socks, etc) should be placed on the laundry loop and placed in your team’s cart. Cart should be left in the cart room with the “Dirty Laundry” sign on it.
- All items placed in the chute should be turned the proper way, zipped, and tied. Items turned inside out or that are not zipped properly, will not be laundered.
- Athletic Equipment not returned on time will not be washed.
- For repeat offenders, failure to return the equipment on time will result in a $10 late charge each time the equipment is returned late.
Failure to Return Game Equipment
Final Return of Equipment
Career Issue Items
The career issue items will be retained by the student athlete until their graduation from college. If you leave a team prior to your senior year, you must return these items to the equipment room within five (5) days of leaving the team. Senior student athletes will be permitted to keep career issue items.
All Other Clothing/Equipment
- All items issued and signed for on the issue sheet must be returned to the equipment room at the assigned time. Generally, your return time will be the first or second day after your last game at your normal practice time. Your coach will confirm the date and time for the final return of equipment.
- If you are unable to be present for the final return of equipment, you will have five (5) days to return it to the issue window. After the five days, student accounts will be billed for missing equipment.
- Individuals quitting the team prior to the end of the season are responsible for returning all items issued within 5 days of the date he/she quit the team.
- All items issued must be returned to the equipment room issue area. This is necessary in order to confirm all items are returned, your athletic account has been cleared and to eliminate any unnecessary billings. If you do not return your equipment as instructed, your account may not be cleared.
- Your student account will be charged for all game and practice items not returned or damaged beyond normal wear and tear. There will be an automatic $25 non-refundable service fee for failure to return equipment.
- You will not be reissued equipment for the next season or for another sport until all items have been returned and/or student accounts have been cleared. For track and cross country athletes, you need to return all equipment at the end of your competition season. For some this may be at the end of Cross Country while for others it may be at the end of the Spring season.
Lockers are the property of the college. Students assume full responsibility for all items stored in the locker and locker room. Items of significant monetary value should not be stored in the locker or locker room. The college is not responsible for loss or damage to any items stored in the locker/locker room.
The college reserves the right to enter lockers at any time. Normal circumstances when lockers would be accessed include the following:
- if a student fails to empty his/her locker at the end of the season or when a student quits the team. One week after the end of the season or date of last participation, the equipment staff and a coach will clean out the locker.
- at the request of the individual if he/she is no longer in school or is on medical leave.
- an emergency situation deemed appropriate by the college and the athletic department.
The equipment room will retain items that are property of the college. Personal items will be held for two weeks and disposed of at the discretion of the college. The college takes no responsibility for removed items.
If contraband or illegal items are found in the locker or locker room, the athletic department will report the incident to the Office of Public.
Locker Room Responsibility
The college provides locker room space for home and visiting teams. It is the responsibility of each to team to help keep the locker room clean. The responsibilities of the custodial staff include cleaning the floor, showers and restroom facilities. Teams should make sure all items are kept off the floor and benches. Any items found on the floor will be dealt with in the following manner.
- Items of the college will be returned to the equipment room.
- All other items will be put in the lost and found box located in each locker room. At the end of the season, these items will immediately be disposed of at the discretion of the college.
The department provides locks for athletes to use on their lockers. It is recommended that all lockers are kept locked. The college takes no responsibility for items lost or stolen out of unlocked lockers.